Introduction

Welcome, I hope that you find this uplifting, intriguing, and it helps you grow in your faith as well.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 3 of the rest of my change Attitude Life

We need to find out what we get out of complaining..... Is there some sort of gratification that we get out of complaining? Going through the lesson tonight, one of the things I realized is that when I complain its so that I can find a way to get the justice I want for whatever the issue is. Now we all know its not our place to dole out justice, so I have to ask for forgiveness and change my behavior.

What is your gratification for complaining?..............My gratification only hurts me because as much as I want to see justice done, I'm not the one that should be judging or deciding what justice is.... That is for God to do.

There was a time in my life that I did have hatred for someone. This was only causing me pain because the person I felt that way towards, not only didn't know but could not do anything to change how I felt. Once I was able to pray to God and tell Him that I was not able to change my feelings or find forgiveness for that person that He had to do it for me, a great big weight was lifted off of me. It took only seconds to feel relief and joy.

I am finding that when I catch myself complaining during the day that if I change my complaining to finding a resolution to the complaint that I feel better. For those things that I cannot find a resolution, I say a quick prayer to remove my ill feelings/complaint from my mouth and heart. It isn't always easy to do, it still is easier to complain than to check myself and redirect. I do find that if I redirect then I have a more positive attitude which is what I want to have.

I am looking forward to the rest of this study it is openning my heart, mind and soul to a more positive outlook on life and its only day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment